RWK is proud to offer Amateur Radio License Exam testing as a service to our members and local community. Test sessions are conducted in person and remotely by computer.
Remote Exam Sessions
RWK members conduct remote license exam sessions by computer using Zoom and HamStudy.org. See the right column to see our upcoming sessions, what you need to do, and how to register.
Remote license testing is fast and easy and in most cases you can have your new license in 1-2 days.
What Do You Need for Remote License Testing?
- You need to have a good internet connection capable of video conferencing.
- You need to have a good webcam on your computer. In addition, you may be asked to use a cell phone or similar as a second camera.
- You will need a “clean” environment to take the exam in (one with nothing around that could be hiding cheat methods and one where nobody will be entering the room unexpectedly, which could void the exam). Surprisingly, many people use a bathroom for this.
- While the exam is not time-limited, you will need enough uninterrupted time to finish – starting and stopping is not allowed. Many people can finish in just a few minutes, but you should take as much time as you need.
In-Person License Exam Sessions
Note: In-Person Testing is temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 Pandemic – Please use one of our remote testing sessions.
RWK conducts in-person license exam sessions in Richardson on the third Thursday evening of each month as a service to the local community. The location is St. Barnabas Presbyterian Church, 1220 W. Beltline Rd, Richardson TX 75080. Time is from 7:00 P.M. until about 9:00 P.M. Click this LINK for the map.
You will find full instructions and what to bring to your exam at: http://www.arrl.org/what-to-bring-to-an-exam-session
If you currently hold a license and are attempting to upgrade, be sure to bring your license plus one copy to the exam session. Also, there have been FCC rule changes that allow former hams to gain license test credit in certain instances.
For more info, call Don Klick at (972) 464-2889 and let him know when you plan to attend a test session.
Walk-ins are always welcome – we’re here to test – so come on down.
Upcoming License Testing Sessions
- Ham License Testing – Remote on February 18, 2021 7:00 pm
- Ham License Testing – Remote on March 4, 2021 7:00 pm
- Ham License Testing – Remote on March 18, 2021 7:00 pm
- Ham License Testing – Remote on April 1, 2021 7:00 pm
- Ham License Testing – Remote on April 15, 2021 7:00 pm
How To Register for a Test Session