We serve the Richardson TX community by providing self-supporting special event and emergency communication networks. The RWK also promotes amateur radio to the public in Richardson and the surrounding area as a useful, life-long hobby.
Our club is comprised of over 350 individual amateur radio operators (hams) in Richardson, the surrounding communities, around the state and even out of state, with a wide range of interests and skills. We strive to increase the number and quality of fellowship and amateur radio learning opportunities. Our membership includes hams ranging from teenagers to radio pioneers in their 80s! The Richardson Wireless Klub has been an ARRL affiliated club since 1952.
The RWK provides many opportunities to assist members to maximize their knowledge and enjoyment of amateur radio through fun, fellowship and unique learning experiences. The Richardson Wireless Klub is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Latest RWK General Meeting Announcement & Recording
- General Meeting – June 2022 – Shack Fire & Rebirth: Building the Ideal Modern Shack
This program graphically tells the story of a massive shack fire at W7UUU back in October 2020. While the structure was saved, all of the contents were destroyed, including almost 50 years of collecting and restoring vintage as well as modern amateur radio gear. We then cover the complete rebuilding, with many practical and creative ideas that can be implemented in almost any shack. Along the way I cover several very important safety lessons learned, and how viewers can avoid the mistakes I made that led to my own disaster.
- General Meeting – May 2022 – SDR applications: Ways to use the RF “Swiss Army Knife”
SDR applications: Ways to use the RF “Swiss Army Knife” – Jack Spitznagel KD4IZ
It is common knowledge that SDR devices make interesting and economical receivers and transceivers, but what else are they really good for? I will describe several of the many alternative uses for the spectrum scope and waterfall diagrams that are provided by SDR software. You will find these uses will help you to better understand what a poorly configured transmitter, the ionosphere, and QRM can do to signal quality and readability. Hopefully these bonus uses will help make you a better operator.
For all previous RWK Meetings, see the General Meetings page.
Check out the Presentation Archives. There are tons of presentations from Klub meetings over the years. Scan through them and you will be sure to find something interesting.
RWK Newsletter – The Chawed Rag
- The Chawed Rag – May 2022Greetings RWK! Here’s The Chawed Rag for May 2022, including Propagation and Tropo Ducting, Group Foxhunt & Ice Cream Social, Ken Hansen’s Dayton Pics, Updates on renewing your ARRL membership, CQ WPX CW contest, Upcoming Events, Learn CW program Field Day Edition, KG5P Using the Nano-VNA Part 3, and more!
- The Chawed Rag – April 2022Greetings RWK! Here’s The Chawed Rag for April 2022, including Foxhunting for Real, RWK Polo Shirts, The Importance of Phonetics, Upcoming Events, Learn CW program update, KG5P Using the Nano-VNA, and more!
Previous Chawed Rags can always be found here.
RWK Repeater Information
We operate 6 VHF/UHF repeaters in the North Texas Area.
|147.12 (+0.6MHz, 110.9) FM Analog|
Echo Test/Signal Report, Allstar Link, Google Asst.
145.43 (-0.6MHz, 110.9) FM Analog
K5UTD (Operated for UTD Amateur Radio Club)
|440.375 (+5MHz) FM Digital|
DMR (linked with DMR-MARC)
443.375 (+5MHz, 110.9) FM Analog
444.725 (+5MHz, 110.9 Analog)
Analog/Digital C4FM Fusion/WIRES-X
|927.025 (-25MHz, DPL532) NFM Analog|
Allstar Link to STX/West Coast 927 Hub
Upcoming RWK Events
- RWK Hungry Hams Lunch on June 29, 2022 12:00 pm
- Ham License Testing – Remote on June 30, 2022 6:00 pm
- Online Ham Lunch Bunch on July 1, 2022 12:00 pm
- Weekend Foxhunt on July 2, 2022 9:00 am
- Meeting On The Air (147.12 Repeater) on July 4, 2022 7:30 pm
- Richardson Siren Test on July 6, 2022 11:55 am
- RWK Hungry Hams Lunch on July 6, 2022 12:00 pm
Join or Renew Your RWK Membership
It’s Quick and Easy and only $15/yr! You won’t find a friendlier bunch or a better value!
Set up AmazonSmile and the Klub will receive a small percentage of your Amazon purchases.
We also are members of Kroger Community Rewards, so if you shop at Kroger, we can get $! Here is how to sign up.
Get Your Ham Radio License!
Current Propagation and Solar Conditions
- Ukrainian DX DIGI Contest
1200Z, Jun 25 to 1200Z, Jun 26
- His Maj. King of Spain Contest, SSB
1200Z, Jun 25 to 1200Z, Jun 26
- ARRL Field Day
1800Z, Jun 25 to 2100Z, Jun 26
- K1USN Slow Speed Test
0000Z-0100Z, Jun 27
- QCX Challenge
1300Z-1400Z, Jun 27
Note: HamNation has moved to HRCC on YouTube. Ep 484 is the last on TWiT.
Latest ARRL News:
Join the ARRL, the national organization for Ham Radio