We serve the Richardson TX community by providing self-supporting special event and emergency communication networks. The RWK also promotes amateur radio to the public in Richardson and the surrounding area as a useful, life-long hobby.
Our club is comprised of over 340 individual amateur radio operators (hams) in Richardson, the surrounding communities, around the state and even out of state, with a wide range of interests and skills. We strive to increase the number and quality of fellowship and amateur radio learning opportunities. Our membership includes hams ranging from teenagers to radio pioneers in their 80s and beyond! The Richardson Wireless Klub has been an ARRL affiliated club since 1952.
The RWK provides many opportunities to assist members to maximize their knowledge and enjoyment of amateur radio through fun, fellowship and unique learning experiences. The Richardson Wireless Klub is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- General Meeting – November 2021 – Annual Show & Tell Night
General Meeting – November 2021 – Annual Show & Tell Night
For November we will again have our annual Show & Tell Night.
We Want To See What You Have Been Up To During 2021. The Subject Can Be Anything Ham Radio Related – Project, Antenna, Creative Installation, Modification, Homebrew, Tools, etc.. You Will Get 5-10 Minutes To “Show Your Stuff” – Either Live or With Pictures & Video. Your Subject Must Be Showable – Must look good on Camera/Video/Pictures – It’s Show & Tell night, not just Tell night. If you need help with figuring how how best to show off your subject, let us know and we’ll help you look your best.
Sign Up By Nov 3rd: https://forms.gle/98JwHvpWTJqFR7y98
- General Meeting – October 2021 – Introduction to NanoVNAs
General Meeting – October 2021 – Introduction to NanoVNAs
Our guest speaker will be Alan Wolke W2AEW. Alan is an Electrical Engineer and has been a has been a Field Applications Engineer for Tektronix since 2006 (so he might know a thing or two about test equipment). He was originally licensed in 1980 while in high school, and currently holds an extra class license. He is a life member of the ARRL, and is the Technical Coordinator for the NNJ Section of the ARRL Field organization. Alan has a popular YouTube channel where he has over 300 videos on ham radio and test equipment subjects (many on how to use NanoVNAs).
Alan will explain just what the mysterious “NanoVNA” is and how it can be of use to all of us in ham radio. The tech heads will appreciate the details on how a Vector Network Analyzer (VNA) works – and why they can cost up to $250,000 – and even the most non-technical ham can appreciate how to put this ~$60 device to use in tuning antennas.
View the October Meeting Recording here
Check out the Presentation Archives. There are tons of presentations from Klub meetings over the years. Scan through them and you will be sure to find something interesting.
RWK Newsletter – The Chawed Rag
- The Chawed Rag – October 2021As promised (and on schedule!), here’s The Chawed Rag for October 2021. Thanks to all of you that sent me notes on the September relaunch – I appreciate the thanks and the feedback. I’m still interested in what everyone thinks and what else you would like to see. Also, we always need your content so snap some pics of your latest tinkering or if you have seen something that has really helped you in ham radio, send it this way. – KD4C President’s Update Greetings RWK! It’s hard to believe that we’re 3/4 done with 2021. I’m excited by some…
Previous Chawed Rags can always be found here.
RWK Repeater Information
We operate 6 VHF/UHF repeaters in the North Texas Area.
|147.12 (+0.6MHz, 110.9) FM Analog|
Echo Test/Signal Report, Allstar Link, Google Asst.
145.43 (-0.6MHz, 110.9) FM Analog
K5UTD (Operated for UTD Amateur Radio Club)
|440.375 (+5MHz) FM Digital|
443.375 (+5MHz, 110.9) FM Analog
444.725 (+5MHz, 110.9 Analog)
Analog/Digital C4FM WIRES-X
|927.025 (-25MHz, DPL532) NFM Analog|
Allstar Link to STX/West Coast 927 Hub
Upcoming RWK Events
- Ham License Testing – Remote on October 28, 2021 6:00 pm
- Online Ham Lunch Bunch on October 29, 2021 12:00 pm
- CQ WW Phone Contest on October 30, 2021 12:00 am
- Weekend Foxhunt on October 30, 2021 9:00 am
- Meeting On The Air on November 1, 2021 7:30 pm
- Richardson Siren Test on November 3, 2021 11:55 am
- RWK Hungry Hams Lunch on November 3, 2021 12:00 pm
Join or Renew Your RWK Membership
It’s Quick and Easy and only $15/yr! You won’t find a friendlier bunch or a better value!
Support RWK With AmazonSmile
Set up AmazonSmile and the Klub will receive a small percentage of your Amazon purchases.
Become a Ham!
Current Propagation and Solar Conditions
- Classic Exchange, CW
1400Z, Oct 24 to 0800Z, Oct 25 and 1400Z, Oct 26 to 0800Z, Oct 27
- SKCC Sprint
0000Z-0200Z, Oct 27
- Phone Weekly Test – Fray
0230Z-0300Z, Oct 27
- CWops Mini-CWT Test
1300Z-1400Z, Oct 27
- CWops Mini-CWT Test
1900Z-2000Z, Oct 27
Note: HamNation has moved to HRCC on YouTube. Ep 484 is the last on TWiT.
Latest ARRL News:
Join the ARRL, the national organization for Ham Radio